New Students/Open Enrollment
When enrolling, a new student must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must provide the following documents:
- A certified copy of a child custody order or decree and ANY modifications to such an order or decree is necessary.
- A transcript and most recent report card to prove the student’s grade level and prior courses. If a student requires special education, the parent or guardian must provide a current IEP or MFE. (Grades 7-12 must have most recent report card for athletic eligibility purposes.)
- Certified copy of the birth certificate or passport of the student
- Social Security Card
- Health Records (Minimum immunization requirements)
- Two proofs of residency: Parent or Guardian MUST provide a photo ID AND one document from category A and one from category B:
Two proofs of residency:
- __ Current purchase agreement, deed, mortgage statement, escrow papers, proof of homeowners insurance, or current real estate tax record.
__ Current lease with the parent/guardian’s name and the name and phone number of the landlord or a notarized Shawnee Schools Residency Affidavit.
- __ Verification of address from Department of Human Services, Social Security, or most recent pay stub.
__ A Current Gas or Electric bill or faxed confirmation of new utility service in the name of the parent/guardian.
*** Items not accepted are a Post Office Box.
***The Board of Education reserves the right to require additional documentation to establish residency to the satisfaction of the superintendent or designee.
If parent or guardian does not present one of the documents proving date and place of his/her child’s birth and school records, Shawnee schools Superintendent, Principal or his/her designee shall notify the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction in the area where the student resides of the possibility that the child may be a missing child as that term is defined in Section 2109.3 of the Ohio Revised Code.
Minimum immunization requirements are:
- DPT – 4 doses. 5 doses if the fourth dose was administered prior to the fourth birthday.
- Polio – 3 doses. 4 doses if the third dose was administered prior to the fourth birthday.
- MMR– 2 doses* (Or equivalent of individual doses of Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses** for students in classes graduating during 2012 and after
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)-1 dose of vaccine or proof of disease for students in classes graduating during 2019 and after
- TB skin test for any person entering the US as a prior citizen of ANY foreign country.
****Must have received the first dose after first birthday, 2nd dose must be received before entering kindergarten.
**Must have three doses of Hepatitis B vaccine; the second dose must be given at least one month (28days) after the first dose, and the third dose at least two months after the second.
***United States immigration policy