Middle School Counseling Office
Mrs. Schmiedebusch is the 7th and 8th grade counselor. She can be reached at 419-998-8072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Fair 2017
Thank you to all of our community members that participated in our first career fair! All 6th-8th grade students spent a period exploring and learning about various career fields. We are looking forward to continuing this experience in the future!
We are ready for a great year here at Shawnee Middle School. A few important tips for becoming a successful student and establishing good habits are below:
- Find a good homework/study space in your home and use it everyday.
- Create a homework/study time that you can use daily (for example: after school). If you are involved in sports and/or extracurricular activities, be sure to plan around those so that there is always enough time to finish your school work.
- Use your agenda EVERY SINGLE DAY! In the 7th and 8th grade, it is your responsibility to copy down the daily homework off the board in your classes. Although you are not forced to use it, you will find it's your most valuable tool in the middle school! Use ProgessBook as a way to double check that you wrote down the work accurately. Show this to a parent in the evenings so they know what you are doing in your classes.
- Keep your locker organized. Messy lockers happen quickly! Before and after school and study hall are all good times to clean out your locker.
- Talk with your teachers! If you are struggling in a class, don't be afraid to ask questions! Your teachers want to help you.
- Use your school counselor! If you need help figuring out how to get back on track or a safe place to talk about things going on in your life, stop in to see your school counselor.
Cyber Safety Information for Parents
Internet Safety: Tips for basic internet safety and how to start a discussion with your child about internet usage and safety.