The USDA has mandated that all schools have an unpaid meal policy. Below is the policy that Shawnee Food Service has written and put into practice.
CHARGE POLICY FOR UNPAID MEALS
- Students in elementary and middle school may charge up to $10.00. There is NO CHARGING at the high school.
- Weekly unpaid balance letters will be sent home to parents of elementary students.
- When a student reaches the charge limit a phone call will be made to the parents by the food service staff.
- When the limit is reached a student may get a courtesy meal of peanut butter sandwich and milk. If there is an allergy, a cheese sandwich will be substituted. A high school student may ask for the courtesy meal if they have no money.
- Food service staff will work diligently to enroll all eligible students in the free/reduced meal program.
If you have any questions please contact Sally Allen Nutrition Services supervisor. 419 998-8036